[clamav-users] Freshclam problem

Paul paul at netpresto.co.uk
Thu Aug 13 09:20:45 EDT 2015

Hello Arnaud Jacques
On 13/08/2015 13:05, Arnaud Jacques / SecuriteInfo.com wrote:
> Hello Paul,
>
>> We are seeing failures (process terminates from daemon mode) when
>> a connection issue occurs to third party databases using DatabaseCustomURL
>>
>> freshclam.log shows
>>
>> nonblock_connect: connect timing out (30 secs)
>> Can't connect to port 80 of host www.securiteinfo.com (IP: 62.210.244.190)
> There is actually no issue at securiteinfo.com. Bandwith and response time are
> OK
> http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/ceNl1v/http://www.securiteinfo.com
>
> Did you try to download manually with a browser ?
> Can you see the web page at http://www.securiteinfo.com ?

I have had no issues accessing  www.securiteinfo.com manually and most
times simply restarting
freshclam has seen the next download working fine.
Your response from my submission to your site via our PRO account
eliminates your end
ie not being blocked.

But even if your end was blocking, was simply down for maintenance or we
have some intermittent
networking issue. I do think freshclam should not just give up and exit.

If I use DatabaseCustomURL http://sitethattimes.out/file.hsb in freshclam.conf
freshclam exits from daemon mode !!

Regards  Paul