[clamav-users] Scanning Win32 Volumes

Shane Hollis shane at virusbusters.co.nz
Tue Aug 18 17:56:34 EDT 2015

The process to do that is:
I'm assuming your Windows XP folder / partition is /dev/sdb1   if it is
different substitute the location in the examples below.
to find its location try   sudo fdisk -l    <--- thats an L - lowercase
Also if the WinXP partition was unmounted uncleanly   you might need to
use a -o force  option in the end of the mount command

Create a mount point ( sudo mkdir /mnt/WinXP )
Mount the Windows XP drives. ( mount -g /dev/sdb1  /mnt/WinXP  )
Run clam on it /sudo clamscan -r -i --detect-pua //mnt/WinXP

Ta dahh!!   all done.

There is a remotve option in clam which if you use it will work as long
as the partition is mounted RW.