[clamav-users] Scanning Win32 Volumes

Shane Hollis shane at virusbusters.co.nz
Tue Aug 18 18:00:49 EDT 2015

Further to that - you don't need to remove stuff by hand - your two
options are:

|Removal of viruses: clamscan -r -i --remove /mnt/WinXP <- removes all
files found as infected permanently - dont use that with detect-pua
options as that sometimes throws false positives. Quarantine of viruses: |||clamscan -r -i --move=~/VIRUSEDFILES /mnt/WinXP <-- this will remove
files to a folder in your home folder called VIRUSEDFILES. It would be
worth creating that folder befroe scanning ( mkdir ~/VIRUSEDFILES ) | |

Another possibility is to move the infected files to another folder with
the option |--move=FOLDER|, so you can later check which files of them
maybe not infected or a virus.