[clamav-users] Making sense of the clamscan reports

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Aug 23 09:23:24 EDT 2015

I have for quite some time, been getting a report from the daily clamscan
run over the contents of my web page, been showing not hits, but 54
errors in the short summary.

So last night I added a -v to the invocation cron was feeding it, hoping
to find the errors.

So this morning a get a 16k line email, which does NOT contain a single
error.

????

If its an error to the short summary, why the heck does it not elaborate
& give one a chance to see what triggered the error?

Something's aglay, can anyone comment?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)