[clamav-users] I have some queries about ClamAV

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Mon Feb 2 18:52:27 EST 2015

ChanG
I think maybe you mis-understand the purpose of ClamAV.  Look at ClamAV
as a program to scan email and files.  Nothing more really.

To do more, you would need a wrapper program of some sort or an email
program that uses ClamAV to scan new email.  The 'wrapper' or email
program uses the status output of ClamAV to make decisions on what to do
with the file/email passed to ClamAV.

This is the primary use of ClamAV on real world systems.

Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.