[clamav-users] clamav-milter LocalNet option / outgoing mail (Debian Wheezy)

Daniel Spies ds20150222clam at pskx.net
Sat Feb 21 19:42:50 EST 2015

Hello,

what is the correct way to prevent clamav-milter (0.98.5 in Debian
Wheezy) from scanning and tagging _outgoing_ e-mail? I assumed it was
the LocalNet option; however, I did not manage to get it to work. Here
is the man entry:

LocalNet STRING 	Messages originating from these hosts/networks will not
be scanned. This option takes a host(name)/mask pair in CIRD notation
and  can  be  repeated several times. If "/mask" is omitted, a host is
assumed. To specify a locally orignated, non-smtp, email use the keyword
"local"
Default: unset (scan everything regardless of the origin)

Here is what I tried:

LocalNet 127.0.0.1/32 ::1/128 local
clamav-milterERROR: Can't resolve LocalNet hostname 127.0.0.1/32 ::1

LocalNet 127.0.0.1/32 ::1/128
clamav-milterERROR: Can't resolve LocalNet hostname 127.0.0.1/32 ::1

LocalNet 127.0.0.1/32
OK, BUT scan/tag happens

LocalNet ::1/128
OK, BUT scan/tag happens

LocalNet local
OK, BUT scan/tag happens

LocalNet 127.0.0.1
OK, BUT scan/tag happens

LocalNet local
OK, BUT scan/tag happens

LocalNet local 127.0.0.1 ::1
clamav-milterERROR: Can't resolve LocalNet hostname local 127.0.0.1 ::1

LocalNet 127.0.0.1 ::1 local
OK, BUT scan/tag happens

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Daniel