[clamav-users] clamav-milter LocalNet option / outgoing mail (Debian Wheezy)

Noel Jones njones at megan.vbhcs.org
Sat Feb 21 20:47:37 EST 2015

On 2/21/2015 7:28 PM, Daniel Spies wrote:
> On 02/22/2015 01:54 AM, Benny Pedersen wrote:
>>
>> LocalNet localdomain
>>
> This gives no error, but clamav-milter is still scanning/tagging
> outgoing e-mail. I'm sending e-mail from port 587 (smtp/submission,
> postfix).

The originating client is the system connecting to submission, not
localhost.

Anyway, if your goal is to disable scanning on submission, it's
probably best to edit the master.cf submission service to not call
clamav-milter at all.  (I would strongly recommend scanning all
mail, but that's a local policy decision)

# master.cf
submission .... smtpd
  ... other stuff
  smtpd_milters=

ie. set smtpd_milters empty for that service.

If you need to do this in clamav-milter, such as if you need to do
this for port 25 as well as submission, you should probably look at
the SkipAuthenticated option.

  -- Noel Jones