[clamav-users] clamav-milter LocalNet option / outgoing mail (Debian Wheezy)

Daniel Spies ds20150222clam at pskx.net
Sun Feb 22 15:16:31 EST 2015

On 02/22/2015 07:13 PM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> sure it makes sense to scan outgoing mail.

Maybe in a company network, yes. But I don't care for the computers of
my clients -- these are their computers. *If* they get infected somehow,
I have measures to stop them from doing harm through my servers.

> the tags never make sense. Turn them off by setting
> AddHeader no
> to clamav-milter.conf, but not by not scanning the mail.

But if I *don't* reject e-mail, the incoming tag makes sense to inform a
client about the virus/phishing/spam status. The outgoing scan and tag
both make no sense, given the fact that I don't want to reject outgoing
mail.