[clamav-users] clamav-milter LocalNet option / outgoing mail (Debian Wheezy)

Dennis Peterson dennispe at inetnw.com
Sun Feb 22 15:43:39 EST 2015

On 2/22/15 12:32 PM, Daniel Spies wrote:
> On 02/22/2015 09:18 PM, Dennis Peterson wrote:
>> While I disagree with everything you've said I am glad you've spoken
>> out. My job would be far easier if everyone did so.
>
> Could you be more precise? The quintessence of my last message was:
>
> 1. A company network is different, one has to care for the clients
> 2. I don't care for my clients => I don't need to reject viruses/spam
> 3. I don't reject incoming mail => tagging makes sense to inform clients
> 4. I don't reject outgoing e-mail => scan/tag makes no sense at all
>
> So, you disagree with all of these points? I am almost certain there is a
> misunderstanding.
I do. And I disagree with your conclusion there has been a misunderstanding.
There is none on my part, at least. I'm unconflicted regarding my responsibility
to my clients, customers, and internet messaging peers. It is a big tent though
and there is ample room for disagreement and, of course, consequences resulting
from our decisions.

dp