[clamav-users] clamav-milter LocalNet option / outgoing mail (Debian Wheezy)

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Feb 23 13:49:03 EST 2015

On 23.02.15 09:45, Scott Kitterman wrote:
>SMTPS (which is what you use on port 465) is an obsolete protocol that there's
>no need to support unless you need to deal with old Microsoft Outlook/OE
>versions.

I know.

> SMTP+TLS on port 587 is the modern solution.

I have just explained that I have _read_ opinion of someone who preferred
SMTPS and why they did.

You can read it at:
http://sourceforge.net/p/courier/mailman/message/33365926/

and, please, discuss on courier-users with original posters, not me.

> You should configure your MTA not to accept unencrypted connections on
>port 587.

Why do you tell _me_?

I have encountered an issue with submission/starttls a few years ago, so,
when I configure mail submission, I set up both submission+starttls and
smtps.

Linux - It's now safe to turn on your computer.
Linux - Teraz mozete pocitac bez obav zapnut.