[clamav-users] Cannot make ClamAV to save virus database files to Apache's folder.

Henry Collins hcol1987 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 10:48:28 EST 2015

I am trying to make an offline ClamAV mirror. I tried to follow ClamAV's
documentation (http://www.clamav.net/doc/cvd.html), but
both ScriptedUpdates off and ScriptedUpdates no do not affect my Apache's
root folder. I do not get any errors and it seems to download the database
files, but no files are saved in my /var/www/html folder.

I am using Ubuntu 14 server edition. I also tried to force ClamAV save its
database files to Apache's root by setting DatabaseDirectory
/var/www/html/clamav, but then I get the following error when I write sudo
freshclam:

ERROR: Can't create temporary directory
/var/www/html/clamav/clamav-73942c6099325d05070424cdd6813996.tmp
Hint: The database directory must be writable for UID 105 or GID 115

clamav folder belongs to clam user (UID:105) and clamav group (GID:115). I
also tried to give the same permissions to /var/www/html folders and it
doesn't make a difference.

What I am doing wrong?