[clamav-users] Freshclam failing

Al Varnell alvarnell at mac.com
Wed Mar 11 20:15:59 EDT 2015

I help ClamXav users (Macintosh) with such issues, and I would just add that there have been more problems with AU users regarding things like this than any other, dating back to at least 2007.

There are only two mirrors for AU:
db.au.clamav.net.	60	IN	A	193.1.193.64
db.au.clamav.net.	60	IN	A	117.104.160.194

The first is  in Dublin, Ireland and the second in Canberra.  I’m not sure who came up with this combination nor do I have any information with regard to the load coming from AU, but I’ve said before that it looks to be quite fragile.

-Al-