[clamav-users] Clam-AV reverts to prior (mis)configuration after each reboot

Don Levey clam-av at the-leveys.us
Thu Mar 26 15:45:24 EDT 2015

I can't find a logical explanation for this, so I thought I'd ask here.

I have both clamd and clamav-milter installed on my CentOS 7 machine.
For ease of use, I've got bth configured to use one id, 'clamav'.  This
means I use two different directories, /var/run/clamav and
/var/run/clamav-milter, owned by user clamav and set to permissions 711,
to hold the socket/pid files.  This is all working well, as far as I can
tell.

However, I've had a number of reboots recently, and after each one the
following happens:

* The clamav directory (/var/run/clamav) is deleted.
* The clamav-milter directory (/var/run/clamav-milter) is changed to
owner clmilt.

The conf files do NOT change.  Therefore, I get an error (misleading, at
that) for clamav-milter.  Clamav seems to start, but does not create a
socket file, and so the milter can't find it (and can't create its own
run file in a directory it doesn't own.

Does this make sense to anyone?
 -Don