[clamav-users] ClamXav and Compressed Files

Dennis Peterson dennispe at inetnw.com
Fri Mar 27 02:09:25 EDT 2015

The dmg files are logical structures. They are comprised of Unix directories and
files and clam doesn't need to treat them differently than any other directory
tree. if you have support compiled in for zip, RAR, TAR, and several other
archiving formats it should decompose them and scan each of the the contents.
You should be able to explore the log to see what clamXav did while scanning.

dp