[clamav-users] Clam-AV reverts to prior (mis)configuration after each reboot

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Mar 27 04:39:22 EDT 2015

On 26.03.15 16:40, Bryan Burke wrote:
>It does, in fact. On RHEL7 (and variants), /var/run is now a symlink to /run, which is a
>tmpfs, so it is always cleared on reboot.

it's the same on debian 7 and apparently other systems.

>For persistent application data, you should put
>things in /var/lib, e.g. /var/lib/clamav.

note that /var/run/clamav and /var/run/clamav-milter are NOT persistent and
should not be treated as such.

they are apparently created by system startup scripts, you should look
there.

I have /var/run/clamav (in fact /run/clamav) used by all: milter, freshclam and
clamd, all startup scripts create them if it does not exist (verified now),
with owner settable in /etc/default/clamav-*

The 3 biggets disasters: Hiroshima 45, Tschernobyl 86, Windows 95