[clamav-users] ClamXav and Compressed Files

Al Varnell alvarnell at mac.com
Sun Mar 29 03:08:36 EDT 2015

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 09:50 PM, Dennis Peterson wrote:

> It should be possible to use cpio to extract the contents to a stream and feed that into the ClamAV engine

OS X does include cpio but I have been unsuccessful in getting it to do anything with a .dmg.  cpio -h tells me it’s "bsdcpio 2.8.3 -- lib archive 2.8.3”, but I also see evidence that it’s already included from clamav-0.98.6 source’s libclamav directory.  I suspect that means it’s what is used to extract "tar, pax, cpio , zip, jar, ar, and ISO 9660 cdrom images" (from the man).

I think we’re going to have to wait for somebody to tell us exactly how “Dmg scanning was added."

-Al-
--
Al Varnell
Mountain View, CA