[clamav-users] Debian packaging

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Mon Mar 30 14:21:10 EDT 2015

On Monday, March 30, 2015 06:37:52 PM Torge Husfeldt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry to warm up this _really_old_ topic.
>
> Am 11.02.2014 um 17:23 schrieb Jim Popovitch:
> > On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 11:06 AM, Andrew Kelly <gadfly at snafu.de> wrote:
> >> Nearly mid February 2014 now. 0.98.1 has been available for a
> >> month already, and Debian is still stuck at 0.97.8.
>
> And one more year and one more security-related fix later still no solution.
> > Welcome to Debian. ;-)  If you want bleeding edge, don't use Debian
> > Stable (use Debian Testing)
>
> In this light, it looks like "LTS" is a joke, too.
>
> I had to emergency-disable archive-scanning more than a month ago and
> still have no solution.
> Looks like, if I want to continue to protect ~10M domains in Shared
> Hosting using clamav I will have to ask my employer to provide a
> debian-lts-maintainer for it ...

The Debian LTS is mostly managed by a small subset of Debian people that have
decided to focus on it.  They have published clamav updates, but are no doubt
looking for help.  See https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Development .

For releases supported by the Debian project, here's what's available right
now:

 clamav | 0.98.5+dfsg-0+deb7u2 | wheezy
 clamav | 0.98.6+dfsg-0+deb7u1 | wheezy-p-u
clamav | 0.98.6+dfsg-0+deb7u1 | wheezy-updates
 clamav | 0.98.6+dfsg-1        | jessie
 clamav | 0.98.6+dfsg-1        | sid

(for those not up to speed on Debian specifics, what that means is the most
current clamav release is available for all supported Debian releases)

Scott K