[clamav-users] PUA.Script.PDF.EmbeddedJS-1

Al Varnell alvarnell at mac.com
Wed Sep 2 17:21:38 EDT 2015

On Sep 2, 2015, at 4:07 AM, Benny Pedersen wrote:

> Al Varnell skrev den 2015-09-02 02:28:
>
>> Of course, chances are extremely high that even a malicious javascript
>> would be Windows based and no threat to a Mac, but that’s probably
>> beside the point.
>
> and javascript does not work on mac ?

Yes, of course it will run, but it in order to threaten OS X it would have to have been written specifically to attack it and no such PDF embedded JS is currently known to exist that is so targetted. It would need to be a zero-day. That's why I said a high probability of it being Windows based, but not 100%.

Sent from Janet's iPad

-Al-