[clamav-users] on access scan ubuntu 14.04

Alexander Zerquera Alonso alex.zerquera at aeronav.avianet.cu
Wed Sep 23 09:15:36 EDT 2015

Hi

I m trying to configure on access scan in my clamav ubuntu instalation

In clamd.conf i set the following

ScanOnAccess true
OnAccessIncludePath /home

When start clamd-daemon (sudo /etc/init.d/clamav-daemon start) in
/var/log/clamav/clamav.log appears the following

" ERROR: ScanOnAccess: fanotify_init failed: Operation not permited"

" ScanOnAccess: clamd must be satarted by root"

Then I edit the configuration file clamd.conf and change the line:

"User clamav" to "User root"

And try to start clamav-daemon again and the following error appears in
the console:

"ERROR: initgroups () failed"

Am I doing things well?

My clamav version is 0.98.7