[clamav-users] on-access scan

Z F mail4me9999 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 7 01:18:36 EDT 2016

I have noticed in  /var/log/clamav/clamav.log

Sun Aug  7 01:14:28 2016 -> ERROR: ScanOnAccess: fanotify_init failed: Operation not permittedSun Aug  7 01:14:28 2016 -> ScanOnAccess: clamd must be started by root

in /etc/clamav/clamd.conf
I had User clamav
then I changed to User rootand rebooted but this did not helpnot sure if even User should be set to root. I thought clamav is better choice
thank you very much for your help
ZF