[clamav-users] Understanding OLE2BlockMacros

Dennis Peterson dennispe at inetnw.com
Thu Aug 25 15:00:20 EDT 2016

In the source code for clamd this is found:

     if(optget(opts, "ScanOLE2")->enabled) {
         logg("OLE2 support enabled.\n");
         options |= CL_SCAN_OLE2;
         if(optget(opts, "OLE2BlockMacros")->enabled) {
             logg("OLE2: Blocking all VBA macros.\n");
             options |= CL_SCAN_BLOCKMACROS;
         }
     } else {
         logg("OLE2 support disabled.\n");
     }

It would appear the option, of set, returns a positive hit for any VBA macro.
This action also requires ScanOLE2 option be enabled (which is the default).

dp