[clamav-users] clamd does not bind to port when starting through init.d/service ubuntu 16.04

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Aug 29 09:51:18 EDT 2016

Am 29.08.2016 um 15:34 schrieb Jeff Dyke:
> our config locations for the .service files are in slightly different
> areas, so do you mind saying what distro you're running

Fedora but it does not matter

the whole concept of systemd is when you disable a existing service and
place a unit with the same name below /etc/systemd/system/ that
"systemctl enable name.service" enables this one and the distro shipped
is no longer used in any way

the same for .timer. .socket and what not else

/etc/systemd/system/ has the same strcuture as /usr/lib/systemd/system/
and is meant for local overrides / replacements