[clamav-users] ClamAV not detecting viruses

Steve Basford steveb_clamav at sanesecurity.com
Fri Jan 1 12:23:31 EST 2016

On Fri, January 1, 2016 5:11 pm, Andrew Wood wrote:
> Apologies if Im missing something obvious here but I have some
> attachments (.doc, .xls & .zip files) which came attached to spam emails
> which Im using to test out ClamAV on Debian Jessie (installed from the
> official Debian package).
Hi Andrew,

It might be an idea to submit to VirusTotal.com and check if any other AV's
say it's malware.

You then probably a goog idea to submit the samples to ClamAV here:
http://www.clamav.net/reports/malware

If you are using Sanesecurity signatures and they aren't being detected
then send them to... samples at sanesecurity.me.uk and I'll take a look.

Note: If you are using Sanesecurity sigs, make sure you are using (at the
very least):

badmacro.ndb
foxhole_filename.cdb
foxhole_generic.cdb