[clamav-users] ClamAV not detecting viruses

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at cisco.com
Fri Jan 1 12:56:29 EST 2016

We receive millions of samples a day.   Bringing the shas or md5 of the file to the list helps us look at what you guys are seeing.

--
Joel Esler
Manager, Talos Group

On Jan 1, 2016, at 12:37 PM, Andrew Wood <andrewjameswood at ymail.com<mailto:andrewjameswood at ymail.com>> wrote:

On 01/01/16 17:23, Steve Basford wrote:
Hi Andrew,

It might be an idea to submit to VirusTotal.com<http://virustotal.com> and check if any other AV's
say it's malware.

You then probably a goog idea to submit the samples to ClamAV here:
http://www.clamav.net/reports/malware

Excellent site thanks Steve. For all of them ClamAV is on the list of the few with a green tick. I did submit one of them to ClamAV the other day but I wanted to make sure it wasnt just me before doing any more :)