[clamav-users] error notifications received

James Pett james at ridestomp.com
Tue Jan 5 05:24:21 EST 2016

Hi All,

I have recently been receiving notifications from my server containing an
error. The emails content is below:

Subject: Cron <root at stomp-web> [ ! -f /etc/cron.hourly/0anacron ] &&
run-parts /etc/cron.daily

/etc/cron.daily/freshclam:

ERROR: NotifyClamd: Can't find or parse configuration file /etc/clamd.conf

I have contacted my server administrator and they have informed me that this
is an error caused by a ClamAV update, is this true? If this is the case how
does this affect our systems and how do we stop the errors occurring? I
would appreciate any help with this and will give any information needed to
facilitate achieving a fix.

Many thanks,

James Pett

Web development team