[clamav-users] clamav on centos 7: changing runas user

G.W. Haywood clamav at jubileegroup.co.uk
Wed Jan 20 12:19:29 EST 2016

Hi there,

On Wed, 20 Jan 2016, Prabhu Mannu wrote:

> I am having little trouble with configuring Clamav sever on centos 7
> to run as different user, the mail problem for me is that the
> /var/run/clam.scan folder permission reverts back to its original
> permission and user name after reboot.

I suspect that /var/run is in RAM, not on persistent storage.  In that
case you will find something in your startup scripts which creates the
directory with those permissions.  You'll either need to modify that,
or run something e.g. in rc.local to set the permissions on each boot.
There will be many other ways of doing it too.

There's really no substitute for learing about your operating system.

--

73,
Ged.