[clamav-users] ScanOnAccess issue when clamd launched from systemd

Mikko Caldara Mikko.Caldara at fca.org.uk
Thu May 5 06:12:54 EDT 2016

I currently have these options enabled:

ScanOnAccess yes
OnAccessMountPath /
OnAccessExcludeUID 0
OnAccessPrevention yes

the user is root.
I guess there's a bug then?

From: clamav-users [clamav-users-bounces at lists.clamav.net] on behalf of Virgo Pärna [virgo.parna at mail.ee]
Sent: 05 May 2016 11:07
To: clamav-users at lists.clamav.net
Subject: Re: [clamav-users] ScanOnAccess issue when clamd launched from systemd

On Thu, 5 May 2016 09:50:03 +0000, Mikko Caldara <Mikko.Caldara at fca.org.uk> wrote:
> Not sure if it's related, but when I launch clamd *without* systemd and then try to access an "infected" file, 2 problems occur:
>
> - clamd does not prevent access, despite having the option enabled
> - clamd goes into an infinite loop and hogs the CPU:
>
> Thu May  5 09:42:20 2016 -> ScanOnAccess: /etc/suricata/rules/emerging-activex.rules: Win.Trojan.cve_2011_2657-1(30e2f8e333f1624bb5ab66bed16eb110:274398) FOUND
> Thu May  5 09:42:20 2016 -> ScanOnAccess: /tmp/clamav-326fdcae0616839f918d7b703a8e513b.tmp/nocomment.html (deleted): Win.Trojan.cve_2011_2657-1(d361373a52eb4e0cfcb1fd4783700152:273785) FOUND

        Looks like it is also scanning temporary files created turing
the scanning. Could you set OnAccessExlcudeUID to clamd user id?

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo.parna at mail.ee

This communication and any attachments contain information which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. It is for intended recipients only. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute, publish, rely on or otherwise use it without our consent. Some of our communications may contain confidential information which it could be a criminal offence for you to disclose or use without authority. If you have received this email in error please notify postmaster at fca.org.uk immediately and delete the email from your computer. Further information on the classification and handling of FCA information can be found on the FCA website (http://www.fca.org.uk/site-info/legal/fca-classified-information).
The FCA (or, if this email originates from the PSR, the FCA on behalf of the PSR/the PSR) reserves the right to monitor all email communications for compliance with legal, regulatory and professional standards.
This email is not intended to nor should it be taken to create any legal relations or contractual relationships. This email has originated from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), or the Payment Systems Regulator (PSR).
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is registered as a limited company in England and Wales No. 1920623. Registered office: 25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HS, United Kingdom
The Payment Systems Regulator (PSR) is registered as a limited company in England and Wales No. 8970864. Registered office: 25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HS, United Kingdom
Switchboard 020 7066 1000
Web Site http://www.fca.org.uk (FCA); http://www.psr.org.uk (PSR)