[clamav-users] clamav malware reports Notify Me

C.D. Cochrane cdc at post.com
Thu May 5 13:17:42 EDT 2016

I was on the clamav-virusdb mailing list at one time, but no longer.  I recall getting daily email, regardless of whether I had submitted a sample that day or not, which means "Notify Me" has no effect.  Also, that email contains absolutely no information to correlate with my virus submission that I could ever discern.

For example, yesterday...
*Doc.Dropper.Agent-1400834
*Doc.Dropper.Agent-1400835
*Doc.Dropper.Agent-1400836, etc.

This tells me nothing about whether my submission was received, whether it was a duplicate, whether it was even a virus, or whether they consider my submissions to be spam.  If the clamav-virusdb mailing list is considered the result of "Notify Me" I would strongly suggest that the checkbox on the page be renamed "subscribe to virusdb mailing list", not "Notify Me".  There are completely different expectations in the choice of wording.
...Chris