[clamav-users] Certificate error downloading clamav-0.99.2

Kristen R kristen at atmyhome.org
Wed May 11 19:11:21 EDT 2016

On 5/11/16 12:12 PM, Kristen R wrote:
> List,
>
> Knowing there is a new version of clamav out I have gone to download it.
> But I run into an error I think should be made known. Below is the error:
>
> # wget https://www.clamav.net/downloads/production/clamav-0.99.2.tar.gz
> --2016-05-11 12:08:04--
> https://www.clamav.net/downloads/production/clamav-0.99.2.tar.gz
> Resolving www.clamav.net... 198.41.209.233, 198.41.208.233,
> 198.41.209.232, ...
> Connecting to www.clamav.net|198.41.209.233|:443... connected.
> ERROR: certificate common name `ssl392507.cloudflaressl.com' doesn't
> match requested host name `www.clamav.net'.
> To connect to www.clamav.net insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.
> Unable to establish SSL connection.
>
> Kristen

Also noticed after downloading clamav-0.99.2.tar.gz and checking against
the provided signature file the following:

# gpg --verify clamav-0.99.2.tar.gz.sig clamav-0.99.2.tar
gpg: Signature made Fri 22 Apr 2016 08:25:32 AM AKDT using DSA key ID
260429A0
gpg: BAD signature from "Talos (Talos GPG Key) <research at sourcefire.com>"

How about a SHA of the file we download to verify the file.

Kristen