[clamav-users] yum-installing ClamAV in Amazon Linux

Mich Rodz 4mrodz at gmail.com
Fri May 13 21:52:06 EDT 2016

When we install ClamAV in our Amazon Linux ElasticBeanstalk instance with yum
install clamav it gets installed without PCRE support, although the
libraries are present in the instance.

LibClamAV Warning: cli_loadldb: logical signature for Win.Trojan.ssid18332-1
uses PCREs but support is disabled, skipping
LibClamAV Warning: cli_loadldb: logical signature for Win.Ransomware.Locky-4
uses PCREs but support is disabled, skipping
LibClamAV Warning: cli_loadldb: logical signature for
Html.Exploit.CVE_2016_0184-1
uses PCREs but support is disabled, skipping

However PCRE is installed in the machine:

# yum install pcre
Package pcre-8.21-7.7.amzn1.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do

Scanning is also very slow.

How can I force ClamAV to use/recognize the installed PCRE libraries in my
Elastic Beanstalk machine?

Thanks!