[clamav-users] Eicar test string now returning Win.Trojan.Trojan-605

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Wed May 18 00:27:00 EDT 2016

Hallo, Jason,

Du meintest am 17.05.16:

>> You should see these lines within your debug output:

>> LibClamAV debug: daily.ign2 loaded
>> LibClamAV debug: /var/lib/clamav/daily.cld loaded
>> LibClamAV debug: Ignoring signature Win.Trojan.Trojan-605
>> LibClamAV debug: main.ndb loaded

[...]

> Thanks. I don't see any issues with it loading the daily.cld. I'm
> going to wipe it out and let Freshclam reload it and the ign.

That changes the warnings ...

        cd <clamav-directory>
        rm -f *.cvd *.cld
        freshclam
        clamscan /tmp

now tells

LibClamAV Warning: cli_loadldb: logical signature for Win.Trojan.ssid18332-1 uses PCREs but support is disabled, skipping
LibClamAV Warning: cli_loadldb: logical signature for Win.Ransomware.Locky-4 uses PCREs but support is disabled, skipping
LibClamAV Warning: cli_loadldb: logical signature for Html.Exploit.CVE_2016_0184-1 uses PCREs but support is disabled, skipping

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut