[clamav-users] ClamAV+exim: scanner finds not a single malware

C.D. Cochrane cdc at post.com
Sat May 28 21:18:05 EDT 2016

Wow groach, no punches pulled!  I have submitted more than 200 virus samples (and confirmed on VT) since January 2015.  The majority are still undetected by native ClamAV.  I can provide more precise numbers and details on Monday when I get back to my quarantine server, if it is actually helpful to someone.

I can also confirm that I have noticed a distinct uptick in the number of old viruses recently being added to ClamAV's official list.  Progress is being made at a faster rate now than it was earlier in the year.

But, as I attempted to point out on another thread and groach stated pretty clearly.  It really does not matter whether ClamAV adds the item 2 days later or 2 years later.  They already got through.
...Chris