[clamav-users] Issue with ClamAV on Red Hat Enterprise Linux

Dennis Peterson dennispe at inetnw.com
Mon May 30 01:34:22 EDT 2016

If you completely installed ClamAV from RPM packages one would have installed
sample copies of freshclam.conf and clamd.conf. Those files need to be edited
after they're installed. Information for doing so can be found in the
documentation at clamav.net.

Specifically, freshclam.conf has the following two lines in it that require your
attention:

# Comment or remove the line below.
Example

The keyword Example is what makes the file an unuseable example of the final
version. You need to comment or remove the word as instructed.

If you have not done at least this then freshclam will report the two errors you
saw. There is more to do with this configuration file to localize it to your
installation and geographic location.

The same is true to for the clamd.conf file.

dp