[clamav-users] How to get each file status when scan a ditrtectory using clamdscan

Kris Deugau kdeugau at vianet.ca
Tue Oct 4 11:35:09 EDT 2016

crazy thinker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would you like to  get  each file status call back  in *Clamdscan output*
>  while perfrom scan over a dirtectory using *clamdscan*. but i able to get
> a  file status call back *(OR | ERROR| FOUND)* in *Clamdscan output*  when
> i perfrom scan over a *single file.*

After a bit of testing this looks to be the difference between:

clamdscan /path/to/directory

and

clamdscan /path/to/directory/*

Is there any reason you can't do the second?

Unfortunately I don't see any command-line options that might allow the
first call to produce exactly the same output as the second.

Generally the only files that are "interesting" in the results are the
ones that did get flagged - is there some specific reason you need the
"OK" results explicitly listed as well?

-kgd