[clamav-users] export classification

Callahan, Dan @ SSG - SDS Daniel.Callahan at l-3com.com
Tue Oct 11 11:16:10 EDT 2016

Gentlepersons,

Does the ClamAV project have an existing export classification code (ECCN)?  My company is considering recommending ClamAV as the Anti-Malware solution for some of our foreign customers and it was suggested that because we are a government contractor, we cannot even recommend software that has not been given a ECCN.  With ClamAV being open source software, and freely available on the net, this may seem like a bizarre question, but bizarre questions are a government bureaucracy's favorite past time.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Dan Callahan
Software Configuration Manager
+1 727-369-4113 office
+1 727-639-0408 cell

EXPORT STATEMENT: This technical data must be exported from the United States in accordance with Export Administration Regulations. Diversion contrary to U.S. law is prohibited. In accordance with U.S. law, resale/re-export or transfer to certain designated countries is prohibited without the prior written consent of the U.S. Department of Commerce.