[clamav-users] Encrypted Word doc/phishing attack

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at cisco.com
Wed Oct 12 10:03:58 EDT 2016

Alex,

I’ll follow up off list to verify what email you submitted them under.

Joel Esler
jesler at cisco.com<mailto:jesler at cisco.com>

On Oct 12, 2016, at 8:21 AM, Alex <mysqlstudent at gmail.com<mailto:mysqlstudent at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Joel,

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 2:38 PM, Joel Esler (jesler) <jesler at cisco.com<mailto:jesler at cisco.com>> wrote:

On Oct 5, 2016, at 1:54 PM, Alex <mysqlstudent at gmail.com<mailto:mysqlstudent at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi,

Are you submitting these files to ClamAV?

http://www.clamav.net/reports/malware

Not always, primarily because the response time has been too long.
I'll try to more attentively submit them.

It shouldn’t be anymore.  This issue has largely been fixed through some awesome automation.

I submitted a sample about a week ago, and another a few minutes ago,
and never received any type of confirmation, or follow-up that the
file was actually added to the database. Is this the expected
behavior?