[clamav-users] Setting local mirror and syncing updates to client machine
venkat.330 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 02:47:17 EDT 2017
I have setup clamAv in my client systems. unfortunately, all our ports are
protected and block and we have access to only 2 ports in total.
Port 1: From this port, we will able to execute Linux commands remotely
Port 2: SFTP port for file transfer.
We are sure we will not be given access for extra ports. So now I am trying
to find a way for setting up anti-virus.
1. Setup a small apache server
2. Setup a Private Local Mirrors
3. Download signature / definitions from clamAv mirror
4. Get current version from clientX
5. Prepare update patch to client
6. SFTP the patch database to client machine (location will be ROOT path of
7. client will be configured for getting updates from localhost server
TO achieve this I was just trying to understand how "clamdownloader.pl"
On that front I notice that after getting CDIFF it is downloading
"daily.cvd" which is about 54 mb which I feel is very high.
since, bandwidth is very limited in my network need some advice on way
More information about the clamav-users