[clamav-users] Question about .cvd files

Dennis Peterson dennispe at inetnw.com
Wed Apr 12 20:22:19 EDT 2017

The ClamAV product is designed to be used for real time detection with mail
transport agents and to respond on detection. These mail transport agents are
capable of delivering malware that will run on any architecture. In a perfect
world everyone that runs an MTA would test outbound mail for malware and block
before sending. But that doesn't happen and so we use ClamAV for inbound mail
for self-protection. Since email service providers cannot predict what
architecture their users are using they use tools that try to protect every
architecture and the signatures provide that support.

dp