[clamav-users] RHEL 6 Clam AV Installation

Thomas McCourt (tmccourt) tmccourt at cisco.com
Tue Nov 14 14:35:17 EST 2017

Hello Jason,

Using Yum, I can do the following command and download both Epel-release and clamav. This of course, downloads 99.2 (not the beta version).

yum install -y epel-release
yum install -y clamav

Duck]# yum install -y epel-release
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit, security
Setting up Install Process
 * base: distro.ibiblio.org
 * extras: mirror.umd.edu
 * updates: mirror.cs.vt.edu
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package epel-release.noarch 0:6-8 will be installed
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

 Package                Arch             Version         Repository        Size
Installing:
 epel-release           noarch           6-8             extras            14 k

Transaction Summary
Install       1 Package(s)

Total download size: 14 k
Installed size: 22 k
Downloading Packages:
epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm                              |  14 kB     00:00
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
  Installing : epel-release-6-8.noarch                                      1/1
  Verifying  : epel-release-6-8.noarch                                      1/1

Installed:
  epel-release.noarch 0:6-8

I am wondering if it is because you capitalized the ‘E’ in epel-release. Try it by lowercasing it, to see if it works.
Double checking- capitalizing the ‘e’ in epel-release finds no results.

Thank you,

Tom McCourt