[clamav-users] Can't detect deceptive URL's as infected !!

Sunny Marwah sunnymarwah at trepup.com
Thu Dec 6 02:33:42 EST 2018

Hello Team,

We are using clamav-0.100.2 to scan few HTML email templates.

Sometimes, there are deceptive URL's mentioned in those templates and that
template should be detected as infected via ClamAV scan process.

I can see weird output of ClamAV scan process. Sometimes it detect such
templates as infected and sometimes, it does not detect them as infected.
And the URL's i am talking about, are so deceptive that even Google chrome
browser don't let us open these URL's and show us clear warning as
"Dangerous" about deceptive website.

Can you put your views behind such unpredictable behavior ?

If you want then i can report such URL's on your malware link for reporting.

Regards
Sunny