[clamav-users] Installation problem.

nikos nikos at qbit.gr
Fri Dec 7 02:28:47 EST 2018

Hello list.

I'm trying to install the now version of clam and it seems to be
compilation problems.

I run ./configure --sysconfdir=/etc --enable-milter in the programs
folder and I get the error:

checking for g++... no
checking for c++... no
checking for gpp... no
checking for aCC... no
checking for CC... no
checking for cxx... no
checking for cc++... no
checking for cl.exe... no
checking for FCC... no
checking for KCC... no
checking for RCC... no
checking for xlC_r... no
checking for xlC... no
checking whether the C++ compiler works... no
configure: error: in `/home/admin/clamav-0.101.0':
configure: error: C++ compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details

I always install clam from source, as the previous versions. The funny
thing is, if exctract and run configure in the previous version
clamav-0.100.2 every works fine!

I have a server with latest centos release, full updated.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance, Nikos.