[clamav-users] A workaround for the major ClamAV DB update delays we have been experiencing

Gary R. Schmidt grschmidt at acm.org
Mon Dec 10 20:22:25 EST 2018

On 11/12/2018 11:46, Dennis Peterson wrote:
> Exactly right. We can't be blaming the ClamAV process when we don't use
> the ClamAV process. People that don't use freshclam should have no
> expectation of high reliability. In fact any expectations are baseless
> when the wrong tools are employed.

Sigh.

Does no one actually READ THE MESSAGES???

The OP's problem is:

	FRESHCLAM FAILS, REPEATEDLY, UNTIL ALL MIRRORS ARE MARKED AS BAD
	AND NO UPDATES CAN OCCUR.

Pissing up a rope about "you shouldn't do various work-arounds" is a
waste of time and bandwidth.

The OP has shown that different Cloudflare nodes give (him) different
results, someone should be asking CLoudflare about how this can be
addressed, not dismissing the very valid and basic problem.

This sort of behaviour just proves that Dunning-Kruger is alive and
involved in far too many OSS projects.

	Cheers,
		Gary	B-)