[clamav-users] Can't detect deceptive URL's as infected !!

Sunny Marwah sunnymarwah at trepup.com
Tue Dec 11 08:58:34 EST 2018

Hi Al,

Thanks for sharing that reply.

Do you mean ClamAV did not detect that file (containing deceptive link) as
'Infected" in your scanning ?

FYI, i have also tried Google's Safebrowsing API to check such deceptive
links.

It was really strange to know that even Google's Safebrowsing lookup API
did not detect that file as 'Unsafe'. The reason behind is the deceptive
link is phishing link but not malware.

So Google's Safebrowsing lookup API will identify only Malware links as
'Unsafe' but not all deceptive links. However, when i check the same URL on
"https://transparencyreport.google.com/safe-browsing/search", then it shows
'site is unsafe' what i am actually looking for.

Regards
Sunny

--
Regards