[clamav-users] Question about LLVM...

J.R. themadbeaker at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 10:05:36 EST 2018

I've googled to no end, but haven't been able to come up with anything
except a few snips mentioning LLVM and bytecode here and there...

I'm curious exactly what the benefit would be to use LLVM, is there
much of a performance gain over the built-in (non-llvm) bytecode
interpreter? Is it an expanded feature set? Why the limitation of
using only such old versions of LLVM?

The last time I looked at the manual it only mentioned compilation
options, and that's it... The current link to the ClamAV manual is
broken on the website too, fyi... :(

Not complaining, just curious...