[clamav-users] ClamAV protect against viruses, rootkits, malware

Leonardo Rodrigues leolistas at solutti.com.br
Wed Dec 12 13:12:27 EST 2018

Em 12/12/2018 15:06, Kaushal Shriyan escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed ClamAV ClamAV 0.100.2/25200/Wed Dec 12 15:59:52 2018
> on CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core). Does ClamAV protect against
> viruses, rootkits, malware like watchbog  and detection of
> unauthorized activities? Please comment.

     clamav is a FILE scanner, it's very different on the way Windows
antivirus works, being 'always on' and being able to catch virus 'on the
fly' as files are accessed. Clamav *DO NOT* work that way.

     That being said, if the virus/rootkit/malware signature is present
on clamav database, yes it will detect that file, but it will *NEVER*
(it doesn't work that way) prevent you from accessing and even running them.

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues

	gertrudes at solutti.com.br