[clamav-users] cli_get_filepath_from_filedesc error when using zINSTREAM in 0.101.0

Joel Pettis joelpettis at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 21:23:09 EST 2018

Greetings,

I've recently started using zINSTREAM with clamd in the new version 0.101.0
and every time I scan a file, a log is written to the std out like this:

LibClamAV Error: cli_get_filepath_from_filedesc: File path for fd [12] is:
/tmp/clamav-e9c124cf7c3129c87ebea09868d4838f.tmp

>From reviewing the code on GitHub, it appears this originates from
libclamav/scanners.c when the file path is null.  But since I'm using
zINSTREAM, it should not have file path, correct?

I could understand if this was and info log, but for it to be an error
doesn't seem correct to me.

Has anyone else experienced this?

thank you,
Joel