[clamav-users] cli_get_filepath_from_filedesc error when using zINSTREAM in 0.101.0

Micah Snyder (micasnyd) micasnyd at cisco.com
Thu Dec 13 09:52:43 EST 2018

Hi Joel,

This appears to be a oversight in a new feature.  The message in question should be printed at the debug log level instead of error.

Sorry!

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development
Talos
Cisco Systems, Inc.

On Dec 12, 2018, at 9:23 PM, Joel Pettis <joelpettis at gmail.com<mailto:joelpettis at gmail.com>> wrote:

Greetings,

I've recently started using zINSTREAM with clamd in the new version 0.101.0 and every time I scan a file, a log is written to the std out like this:

LibClamAV Error: cli_get_filepath_from_filedesc: File path for fd [12] is: /tmp/clamav-e9c124cf7c3129c87ebea09868d4838f.tmp

>From reviewing the code on GitHub, it appears this originates from libclamav/scanners.c when the file path is null.  But since I'm using zINSTREAM, it should not have file path, correct?

I could understand if this was and info log, but for it to be an error doesn't seem correct to me.

Has anyone else experienced this?

thank you,
Joel