[clamav-users] Running clamav-milter without root privileges

Joe Feldman typo_3 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 13 15:49:50 EST 2018

Hi,
I was given a very restricted server where I don't have root privileges.
I am currently having issues connecting from a postfix MTA to the clamav-milter port.
I am wondering if not having root privilege is affecting the clamav-milter?

# Run as another user (clamav-milter must be started by root for this option

# to work)

#

# Default: unset (don't drop privileges)

User app-user

Thanks in advance!
p.s. The errors I'm seeing on my MTA are the following:

postfix/smtpd[10497]: warning: milter inet:clamav-test.redacted.com:8890: unexpected reply "?" in initial handshake

-Joe