[clamav-users] "URI" in PrivateMirror?

David Barr dafydd at dafydd.com
Thu Dec 13 18:19:43 EST 2018

Good Morning!

I have set up a PrivateMirror on an internal repository server. However, this server is not single-use. I have several YUM/RPM repositories, a copy of the CPAN repository, etc. So, in a perfect world, I could set

PrivateMirror repository.int/clamav

so `freshclam` knows which directory on the webserver to look in. However, I don't see any documentation that this might be supported, and Google has failed me. Has anyone tried this? (Yes, I know that's not really a URI.)

For the moment, at least, I'm stuck with the "vendor provided" version of clamav, which is currently 0.99.2-8.el7 in the EPEL 7 repository. If I need to fight my Cyber organization for permission to create a YUM repository for clamav-0.101.0, I can do that. But, I'd rather not use that political capital if I can avoid it.

Thanks!
David

PS. Current versions of bash support input redirection to `source`. So, we also have a scripts directory on this repo server, to do things like

source <(curl -sS http://repository.int/scripts/doSomething.sh <http://repository.int/scripts/doSomething.sh>)

which means the only copy of doSomething.sh that we have to maintain is on the repo server...

--

David - Offbeat		http://pgp.mit.edu/
dafydd - Online		0xda3f18449337d6b5

Dr. Viktor Frankenstein entered into a body building competition
only to find he has seriously misunderstood the objective.