[clamav-users] No good deed goes unpunished, or, why CVD files don't work

Dennis Peterson dennispe at inetnw.com
Sat Dec 15 15:06:38 EST 2018

This raises another point which is and has been the DNS version does not and has
not meant there was an update to the daily CVD file - just that the cdiffs exist
to update the users' local copy of the CLD to the current version using a
reliable and efficient signed process. This only ever mattered to people with
private local mirrors but there have always been private local work-arounds to
what is largely not a problem so much as an inconvenience. Security and
convenience have an inverse relationship.

dp